Transition workshops are designed to help students have a smooth return to post-secondary institutions after being away from their studies.
Our workshops are thoughtfully designed on evidence-based research and insights from field experts, enabling us to gain a deep understanding of the challenges and barriers students may encounter during their return to university.
All workshops are held virtually via ZOOM.
How to Get The Most Out of Your Advisor
Description: Unveiling the role of academic advisors is key to a smooth transition. This workshop will demonstrate York U's enrollment process and illustrate how transfer credits are assessed. Prepare to enroll with ease after hearing our expert preparation tips! + Bonus Q&A from an enrollment advisor!
- Learn what an academic advisor is and what their role is in helping you transition
- Gain a better understanding of York U’s enrolling process for mature students
- Prepare for enrollment day
|Tuesday June 27th||2PM - 3PM||https://tinyurl.com/39mju289|
|Monday July 31st||11:30AM - 12:30PM||https://tinyurl.com/5hxmasb5|
Navigating York Courses Website
Description: Prepare to empower your academic journey! Decode course terminology, navigate key features, and uncover essential course-related information on the York courses website! This workshop will orient you to the website’s key features and access valuable information needed to discover the 1500+ courses offered at York. Prepare to find courses that suit your interests and smoothly enroll in the courses of your dreams.
- Understand basic course terminology used on the York courses website
- Navigate core-features of the York courses website
- Understand what information can be obtained from York courses website
|Wednesday July 12th||11AM - 12PM||https://tinyurl.com/y7y5rp6r|
|Wednesday July 26th||2PM - 3PM||https://tinyurl.com/3yzwfecs|
Paying Your Tuition Fees
Description: Access your statements, make payments, and explore funding options! Learn how to easily access and understand your student financial statement account. Explore a range of loans and bursary options to support your goals of returning to post-secondary education.
- Understand how to access your financial statement
- Learn how to make bill payments
Learn about the different loans and bursary options available to you
|Monday July 24th||3PM - 4PM||https://tinyurl.com/4mezn95v|
|Tuesday August 15th||11AM - 12PM||https://tinyurl.com/fyupm5kw|
Exploring York University Resources
Description: Join us for an interactive workshop designed specifically for newly admitted students. The York University website can sometimes feel a little difficult to navigate in, but fear not! Our team has put together a comprehensive workshop to help you unravel the mysteries and make the most of this invaluable campus resources available to you as a student.
- Learn what services are available to you for free (e.g., career services) as a York student.
- Explore and understand the different buildings at York (e.g., learning building abbreviations)
- Get acquainted to essential services at York (e.g., booking a study space at the libraries)
|Wednesday August 9th||3PM - 4PM||https://tinyurl.com/3c3rrynh|
What is eClass?
Description: Discover the essential features of eClass! Gain the knowledge and skills to easily navigate eClass, ensuring seamless access to course materials, assignments, and resources. Mastering eClass will unlock the full potential of your learning experience at York.
- Learn the key functions of eClass for online learning at York U
- Learn how to access eClass
- Gain a better understanding of York U’s current online learning framework
|Wednesday August 23rd||11AM - 12PM||https://tinyurl.com/bdfr8e7s|
|Thursday August 31st||1PM - 2PM||https://tinyurl.com/yeccca78|
Course Syllabus? What is that for?
Description: Gain a clear understanding of your professor's expectations as you embark on a new class. Understanding vital information from the course syllabus is key to unlocking success in your academic journey. This workshop will equip you with the knowledge and strategies needed to thrive in your courses and achieve your goals with confidence.
- Digesting important information provided by professors for the class
- Understanding professor's expectations of students when reading the course outline
- Be familiarized with university policies surrounding academic standings
|Wednesday September 20th||12PM - 1PM||https://tinyurl.com/y44pvn5b|