Thank you for your interest in the Mature Student First-Year Experience Program.
Details regarding the Mature Student First-Year Experience for 2016/2017 are provided below.
There are two versions of the Mature Student First-Year Experience Program available to students:
Mature Student First-Year Experience Program (Face-to-Face)
Room 002 Accolade East Building
- Week 1: Tuesday, September 13th
Who Are You? Who are you bringing to York U? Ice Breaker
- Week 2: Tuesday, September 20th
- Week 3: Tuesday, September 27th
- Week 4: Tuesday, October 4th (Room change to 530 Scott Library)
Note-taking, Reading, and Exam Preparation
- Week 5: Tuesday, October 11th (Room change to 530 Scott Library)
Information literacy/ library skills
- Week 6: Tuesday, October 18th
- Week 7: Tuesday, October 25th
Engagement and belonging
- Week 8: Tuesday, November 1st
- Week 9: Tuesday, November 8th
Advising and campus resources
- Week 10: Tuesday, November 15th
Preparing for Exams
- Week 11: Tuesday, November 22nd
Who am I: Career Development and end of term celebration
Online Program for Winter 2016
- This is an option for students who cannot commit to the 3 month program involvement
- Students can access the online Moodle website at any time
- The online program is available during the Fall and Winter term
To find out more about the program options, please visit our Mature Student First-Year Experience Program introduction.
Register for the Online Mature Student First-Year Experience Program 2016 - Registration for Fall 2016 is now open.