Congratulations to all our newly admitted mature & transfer students! Whether you're coming to university for the first time or returning after a number of years away, you can significantly ease your transition to York and dramatically increase your chances of success by attending Orientation.
By accepting York’s offer of admission, you are well on the way to an exciting year of studies ahead. But before you get there, you’ll access YU Start, pick your courses, and attend Orientation Week events (including Academic Orientation, Open Doors York and others. For details, visit: https://www.yorku.ca/orientation/ .) We encourage mature & transfer students to attend!
In addition to York's central Orientation Day, we strongly encourage you to take part in our Mature & Transfer Student Orientation Session.
The Mature & Transfer Student orientation will be offered in-person and online.
(Two sessions in total). You only need to attend one session.
*Thursday August 17th, 2023 (Zoom recording link)
**NOTE: You may have to log into zoom with your passport York credentials to access the recording.
*Tuesday August 22nd, 2023 at 6:00pm-8:00pm (in-person)
Location: 152 Founders College, Founders Assembly Hall
The theme of the session will be mature and transfer student success. By attending one of the sessions you will network and build a connection with staff, peer mentors and students, learn about the valuable asset of the Atkinson Centre for Mature and Part-time Students (ACMAPS) and attend a tailored session for adult learners.
Event Focus/Learning Outcomes:
- Learn how to start off strong and what you need to know to be successful as a mature student learner at university. You will meet the ACMAPS staff, hear personal stories from current mature students, peer mentors and the members of the York University Mature Student Organization (YUMSO).
- Debunking myths of mature student learners
- Connect & Engage with other mature and transfer students
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 416-736-5770 if you need help registering.
Reasons Why You Should Attend the Mature & Transfer Student Orientation session:
- You’ll attend sessions tailored to the needs of adult learners/ mature students.
- You’ll build connections with staff, faculty, and your fellow students.
- You’ll learn how ACMAPS can be a valuable asset to you throughout your years of study.
For information on additional events that ACMAPS will host throughout the school year, please view our events page.